Provides day-to-day support and process direction within the domestic business responsible for a discreet sub-process within an established global E2E process. Ensures process meets or exceeds service level agreements and performance measures, as well as adherence with internal/external compliance responsibilities. Interacts with Clients, Customers and other Owens & Minor leaders to support the proper execution of transactional financial processes in compliance with agreed-upon Service Level Agreements. Partners with the business units to help drive financial results and overall profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees collection activities of complex accounts as assigned by leadership. Assignments may include significant past due accounts, AR settlements, new account conversions, finance charges collections, or other special projects.
2. Develops appropriate action plans to bring closure to open issues.
3. Completes finance charge collection activity as assigned by leadership with a write off authority level of $25,000.
4. Identifies opportunities to improve transactional financial processes and plays a key role in the integration of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and other technology with automation, standardization and scalability as key objectives Responsible for establishing standardized accounts receivable processes and ensuring that the team adheres to these processes. Utilizes LEAN concepts to drive out waste.
5. Using established processes, builds and maintains strong working relationships with Key Clients, customers and other O&M leaders.
6. Assists with special projects related to risk management/loss control.
7. Supports financial transactional operations in an effective and efficient manner to meet corporate financial closing deadlines.
8. Implements an effective system of internal controls to ensure compliance with corporate policies and regulatory requirements (e.g. U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.).
9. Helps develop and monitor performance metrics and key indicators taking corrective action to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the shared accounting services function.
10. Supports and executes end-to-end process improvement initiatives as defined by the Global Process Council. Works closely with the Global Process Administrator to support CI projects.
11. Assists with special projects related to risk management/loss control.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance or a related disciplinary area or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant, or equivalent, with knowledge of accounting principles (U.S. GAAP), required
Seven or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance with experience in leading and managing high performing teams of professionals, required
Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience, required