The Corrections Licensed Practical Nurse works in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basisproviding general and emergency nursing care in the Medical and Ambulatory section of the Corrections Facilitywhile maintaining facility security standards.When necessary, the LPN makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mentalhealth professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The LPN ensures all medication isadministered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority.
- Utilizes the nursing process to plan, implement, treat and evaluate the patient/inmate
- Integrates and implements referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional
- Looks for signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient s condition and reports to RN
- Documents the patient s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff
- Collaborates with RN regarding the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions
- Documents patient s response to nursing and other interventions
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation and responding to emergency medical situations involving inmates or staff
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Participates in infection control activities in accordance with department and as directed by Infection Control Coordinator
- Participates in the orientation and continuing education of staff
- Participates in the Health Quality Improvement Program
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client policies
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Possesses a current Practical Nursing License in the applicable state.
- Minimum of one year experience in Corrections preferred.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including but not limited to supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: license, licensed, licensed practical, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, med, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse lpn, practical