Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Install and support Intuitive products, and ensure customer needs, service agreements, and warranty obligations are fulfilled. Exceed customer expectations and maintain customer satisfaction to the highest possible level. Support the growth and operational effectiveness of our customers' surgical and advanced diagnostic programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage all maintenance and basic technical support needs of the customer, including both surgical and diagnostic systems.
* Obtain and leverage a working knowledge of Intuitive's instruments and accessories (I&A) to support complete complaint resolution, including basic and advanced I&A functionality, system interactions and dependencies, and basic cleaning and sterilization requirements.
* Effectively engage in enhanced troubleshooting and technical support
* Train and equip on-site customer partners (e.g. Biomed or Robotics Coordinator) in basic troubleshooting and system management best practices with the goal of increasing system reliability and reducing the incidence of service events requiring Field Service Engineer intervention.
* Maintain a basic understanding of the clinical principles of minimally invasive surgery and diagnostic systems to better understand and address customer complaints.
* Monitor metrics and customer feedback to ensure work styles and shift schedules are aligned to the customer's and company's needs.
* Prioritize service calls based on patient impact and company strategic objectives.
* Develop rapport with hospital staff, including surgeons, robotics coordinator, and biomed
* Partner with sales representatives to help prioritize calls, coordinate work, manage escalations, and close the loop with all parties impacted by an adverse service event.
* Support team members in a constructive and collaborative way, including providing call coverage for other FEs as needed.
* Continual Process Improvement - provide feedback to management team and support functions to improve processes and find efficiencies.
* Manage costs (e.g. travel and expense, overtime, freight charges, etc.) to deliver a high level of service at reasonable cost to the company.
* Complete administrative duties accurately and timely, including Field Service Order Documentation / Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports, Training/Certification, Vendor Credentialing, etc...
* Understand and operate within standard and site-specific Operating Room protocol.
* Perform pre-site verifications to prepare sites for successful system installations.
* Assist in coordination of system delivery (e.g. confirming site readiness)
* Perform system installations.
* Install system upgrades.
* Train end users on new features or enhancements made to existing features.
* Perform maintenance inspections as required to ensure system meets performance specifications.
* Maintain accurate configurations of installed base.
* Manage spare parts inventory.
* Support trade show activity.
* 2-5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer, including experience in the medical device industry (or similar experience)
* BS in electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering, or equivalent training/experience combined with an applicable 4-year degree
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to perform in a high stress clinical environment
* Working knowledge of O.R. protocol
* Ability to meet all customer vendor credentialing requirements
* Travel up to 20%
* Proven ability to independently troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems including original systems failures
* Proven track record in successfully coaching/mentoring peers
* Intermediate Computer Skills
* Strong administrative and record keeping skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Able to lift 50 lbs
* Authorization to work in the US is a prerequisite for employment
* Sponsorship of work visa is not available
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Associated topics: biomedical engineer, bioprocess, biosynthetic, enzyme, fermentation, molecular, msat, neurodegenerative, parenteral, pathogenesis